ARLA/CLUSTER: Ministro da Justiça canadiano pondera levantar a ter a proibição de operações em móvel para radioamadores

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 18 de Março de 2014 - 14:00:36 WET

New Brunswick Minister of Justice invites Radio Amateurs to Legislature

Radio Amateurs of Canada (RAC) has been made aware that an important
announcement will be made at the Gallery of the Legislature (706 Queen
St, Fredericton, NB) at 1:00PM on Tuesday 18th of March.

RAC was apprised in advance by Troy Lifford, Minister of Justice and
MLA for Fredericton-Nashwaaksis that this will be news of high
interest for hams and that all amateur radio operators in the area are
invited to attend the session.

"We are hopeful New Brunswick will recognize the value of amateur
radio operators to our province by eliminating the ban on mobile radio
operations. The lifting of the ban will enhance public safety and
bring New Brunswick in line with the rest of Canada." stated Len
Morgan VE9MY Deputy Director for the Atlantic Region.

There has been a concerted effort by RAC, local amateur radio clubs
and amateur radio operators in New Brunswick, to have the ban on
mobile radio operations lifted.

Contact:
Len Morgan, VE9MY,
RAC Deputy Director – Atlantic