ARLA/CLUSTER: Wireless Institute of Australia: Lá porque existem Radioamadores há 100 anos, não significa que eles devam continuar ?

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 3 de Março de 2014 - 12:13:57 WET

 Making what we do relevant

Because we have had Amateur Radio for 100 years does it mean that it should
continue?

That is a question being asked, particularly as spectrum hungry users
continue to grow.

In defence of Amateur Radio are arguments that it has evolved into a modern
technological hobby, is easily assessable and enjoyed by people of all
walks of life around the world.

The *Wireless Institute of Australia* is concerned that missing from the
equation is the relevance of Amateur Radio, or even an awareness that it
does exist in this technological age.

This is why the WIA has initiated the *PR4AmateurRadio Expo* in April, to
showcase through the clubs or groups of like-minded radio amateurs, to show
what we do, how to understand and perhaps join us.

With the right image Amateur Radio can be attractive to more people - but
first they need to learn what it offers them and its modern-day relevance.

The PR4AmateurRadio Expo is held during April the 11th and 13th. For more
information or to enrol, check out the What's On section of the WIA website.

Wireless Institute of Australia (WIA)
http://www.wia.org.au/