ARLA/CLUSTER: Night of Nights 2014 Coming Up Soon!

Carlos Fonseca ct1gfqgrupos gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 13 de Junho de 2014 - 10:53:19 WEST

Night of Nights 2014 is coming up on 12 July. Many will recall that on that
date in 1999 what was supposedly the last commercial Morse message in the
US was sent. But also on that date the Maritime Radio Historical Society
was formed with the mission to preserve the skills, traditions and culture
of those who came before us and who made the profession of radio
telegrapher one of honor and skill.

On the first night of nights in 2000 we put KPH back in the air. Each year
since, the signals of once silent coast coast stations have risen from the
static to re-create those golden years when coast stations stood shoulder
to shoulder across the marine bands.

This year a total of eight coast station will be on the air including three
US Coast Guard stations! This will be your chance to hear KPH, KFS, KSM,
WLO, KLB, NMC, NMW and NMQ on the air again.

You can join us on the air or in person at the RCA receive site in the
Point Reyes National Seashore in Northern California. See a real working
coast station in action! Have a commercial radiotelegraph ticket? Sit the
circuit at KPH, KFS or KSM (or all three!) and have your license endorsed
to that effect. Or operate our amateur station K6KPH, no license required.
We'll set aside a guest operating position for you. And maybe best of all,
you'll get to meet and talk with the real radio heroes and heroines who
pounded brass professionally at "The wireless giant of the pacific".

Want the details? The best bet is to subscribe to our email Newsletter
(free, and you can unsubscribe at any time). A special Night of Nights
edition will be published in the next couple of days with all the call sign
and frequency details, plus articles on the new museum exhibit
commemorating the 100th anniversary of Marconi operations in California and
two technical articles.

You can subscribe via our Web site at http://www.radiomarine.org

VY 73,

RD