ARLA/CLUSTER: EUA preparam-se para alterar protecção privada de contractos com impacto nos radioamadores

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 29 de Julho de 2014 - 12:39:34 WEST

HamRadioNow: Amateur Radio Parity Act

HR 4969, the Amateur Radio Parity Act, is a bill before the House of
Representatives that would extend PRB-1 protection to private
contracts like your Homeowner's Association rules, deed restrictions,
'CC&R's,' and stuff like that. Every ham supports that, right?

Not so fast! This is a government intrusion on private contracts, and
that - in the abstract, at least - crosses a political line that might
leave some hams with a conflict. HRN viewer Mike Alexander N8MSA takes
a principled stand AGAINST 4969, and asked if we'd consider that side
of the issue. We would, and did!

Beyond politics, Mike is an active ham with a strong interest in
Software Defined Radio. He's got a Flex 6700, and one of the HPSDR
radios. So at about the 40-minute point, we jump to that discussion.

Watch Episode 158: NO on 4969 (YES on SDR)
http://www.youtube.com/embed/cZQAKtKhL8M?rel=0

HamRadioNow videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/HamRadioNow/videos