ARLA/CLUSTER: Novo software ajuda-o a escutar automaticamente antes de transmitir

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 27 de Janeiro de 2014 - 13:39:05 WET

Listen Before Transmit software

It can be annoying when someone transmits over the top of an existing
contact, now Steve N2CKH has developed software that may make this a
thing of the past

Listen Before Transmit (LBT) involves software automatically checking
the entire passband before transmitting to ensure the channel is clear
of any SSB, CW or Digital signals. If any signals are present the
transmission can be inhibited and the operator informed.

The software Steve N2CKH has developed appears to be very effective,
in his testing, it has so far successfully detected all human
generated signals in the passband that can be heard by ear or seen in
a waterfall display.

Andy K3UK writes: Here is a quick video demonstrating my attempts to
transmit on top of an already occupied frequency, with ALE software
preventing it.  In the video, I place a a couple of calls to K2MO.
You will see the failed  connect attempt listed. Thus, a successful;
LBT use.

Watch DEMO of Listen Before Transmit in ALE
http://www.youtube.com/embed/zC--OD2i6wo?rel=0

Digital Radio Yahoo Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/digitalradio

HF Link ALE Yahoo Group