ARLA/CLUSTER: Associação inglesa disponibiliza curso on-line para licença de amador

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 20 de Janeiro de 2014 - 13:42:19 WET

New On-line Amateur Radio Foundation Course

For many years Wythall Radio Club have offered a full range of
classroom-based learning programmes for those wishing to gain their
Foundation, Intermediate and Advanced licences. Now we are pleased
announce that we have designed an on-line course for those seeking to
gain their Amateur Radio Foundation licence

The programme is based around a virtual learning experience (VLE)
software named EDMODO which is free to use and has gained world-wide
acceptance as a safe and easy way for tutors to connect with their
students at home via the internet.

Basically you sign up for the course and you get notifications via e
mail that the course material and quizzes are available for you to
download etc and this would take place over a 5 week period with two
lessons per week.

On the 6th week we would get the students together at our shack in
Wythall to do the practical assessments on the Saturday with revision
and the exam itself on the Sunday. We think this might be ideal for
younger students or those who cannot make a regular classroom
attendance on our normal teaching nights. Students can study in their
own time with support via posts from the tutor.

To sign up for the course you have complete an application form.
Wythall Radio Club will organise the exam for you and can supply the
Foundation Book if you don’t already have a copy. The exam fee is
£27.50 and the book costs £6 post paid. We will expect to receive your
fee for the exam (and book if required) when you return your
application form.

This will obviously only appeal to students who can get to the
practical assessment weekend at Wythall House, Silver Street, Wythall
B47 6LZ (about 2 miles from Junction 3 of the M42)

If you are interested in this programme then contact our Training
Coordinator Chris G0EYO via e mail  g0eyo<at>blueyonder.co.uk

We aim to start this course on 17th February and have our practical
and exam weekend on 29/30th March.

Chris Pettitt G0EYO
Training Coordinator

Wythall Radio Club