ARLA/CLUSTER: Ativação da Samoa Americana em 6m

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 27 de Fevereiro de 2014 - 13:07:06 WET

American Samoa 6m activation

Lance, W7GJ, reports:
In recent years, KH8 has become a very difficult catch on 6m.
For that reason, this year I have made plans to activate American
Samoa as KH8/W7GJ on 6m EME from July 13th to July 28th.

I will concentrate on July 13-21st, when EME conditions are most
favorable. We will also operate on terrestrial propagation modes if
they become available, but expect to be busy contacting many single
yagi stations via EME using JT65A mode. If you still need KH8 on 6m, I
certainly hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to contact
us!

The reason for this advance notice is to give you time to clear your
schedule and finalize any station improvements before the DXpedition.
The QTH selected has a negative horizon out over the ocean from
moonrise in the east, around through north to moonset in the west, so
we will have common moon with Europe on both moonrise and moonset.

Current details plus future updates are available on my website:
http://www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj/AmericanSamoa2014.htm

As with my previous 6m EME DXpeditions to the Pacific, contributions are
very much needed and welcomed! It is a lot of effort and expense to
haul a 6m EME station halfway around the world! Any amount is very
much appreciated and can be submitted to my Pay Pal account via my
email address of: w7gj  q.com

Many thanks for your continued support, and I hope to put many of you
serious 6m DXers in the log this July!.....

GL and VY 73
Lance W7GJ

Fonte: OPDX