ARLA/CLUSTER: LitSat-1 com transponder linear vai ser lançado sexta-feirada ISS

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 27 de Fevereiro de 2014 - 13:01:55 WET

LitSat-1 with linear transponder deploys Friday

The amateur radio CubeSat LitSat-1, call sign LY1LS, is planned to be
deployed from the International Space Station (ISS) on Friday,
February 28 at 0730 UT.

It carries a 435/145 MHz linear transponder for SSB/CW communications

The LitSat-1 team have issued this statement:

Our country Lithuania is heading towards a historic moment – start of
the first Lithuanian satellite in space.  First ever Lithuanian
Cubesat Litsat1 is due to be launched within couple of days only – on
Feb 28 at 07:30 UT from the International Space Station (ISS).

We are very interested in getting the first data from our small
satellite as soon as possible, therefore we would like to ask your
help with that.

We will send special QSL cards for radio amateurs with first reports
about received signals from our satellite. The 3 stations first
received the signals from the LitSat1 satellite will receive QSL cards
signed by the High level officials of the Lithuanian government.

Please send your SWL reports (screen snapshots) with received packet
data of Litsat-1 beacon to Kaunas University of Technology Radio Club.
Contact point E-mail: address: litsat  ktu.lt

Please find below the technical data for the reception of Litsat 1:
Beacon/TLM down link 145.850 MHz
Beacon RF packets are AX.25 UI frames
https://www.tapr.org/pub_ax25.html Main parameters of the beacon
frames are: TX baud rate 9600 bps (G3RUH), repetition period ~4.5s,
beacon duration ~0.5 s, source call address – TNC, destination call
address – LY1LS.

Digital data: Telemetry
Digital communication with Litsat-1 is based on Helium 100 (HE-100) transceiver.
The payload info field starts with the 2 header bytes “Bb”=0×4262
(Beacon broadcast), following with 2 bytes indicating further data
field length (should be 0×0087), then the sat status telemetry
structure (114 bytes) and finishing with the short text message (21
bytes).

For any other information you are very welcome to contact us: litsat  ktu.lt

A linear transponder will be activated later.
Uplink 435.150 MHz LSB
Downlink  145.950 MHz USB
Bandwidth ±15 kHz from center
CW beacon   435.1375 MHz (LY1LS/B)
Normal mode – transponder, beacon OFF

73!
Darius Kybartas LY3DA
Litsat-1 team
Kaunas University of Technology
Email: litsat  ktu.lt

LitSat-1 on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/palydovas

President Congratulates Lithuanian Amateur Radio CubeSat Builders
http://amsat-uk.org/2014/01/12/president-congratulates-amateur-radio-cubesat-builders/

Two Lithuanian Amateur Radio CubeSats Plan 2013 Launch To ISS
http://amsat-uk.org/2013/06/26/two-lithuanian-cubesats/

The other Lithuanian CubeSat due to be deployed from the ISS on Friday
is LituanicaSAT-1 which carries a 145/435 MHz FM transponder.
http://amsat-uk.org/2013/04/12/lituanicasat-1/

The two Lithuanian groups built the CubeSats in 2013 which was the
80th anniversary of the historic flight by Lithuanian pilots Steponas
Darius and Stasys Girėnas in the airplane Lituanica. On July 15, 1933,
they took off from Floyd Bennett Field in New York and flew across the
Atlantic Ocean, covering a distance of 6,411 kilometers without
landing, in 37 hours and 11 minutes. Tragically they crashed by the
village of Kuhdamm, near Soldin, Germany just 650 km from their
destination of Kaunas in Lithuania.