ARLA/CLUSTER: Fwd: [EPC] General observations on BPSK mode

CT1CZT ct1czt radiotelegrafistas.com
Segunda-Feira, 24 de Fevereiro de 2014 - 00:24:53 WET

Talvez tenha interesse !
Hi Group.

I have been operating on BPSK since the very beginnings and it has been my
favourite mode.
However, recently I am finding my enjoyment of the mode spoilt day after
day and especially

at weekends by stations who seem to have absolutely "no idea" how to setup
the station for

BPSK mode.
This is indicated by the incessant splatter on the waterfall, some of it
being around 3000hz

wide totally blanking out the waterfall and spoiling the mode for everyone
else.

Can I through this column implore the committee / webmaster and all
operators to advise

those stations who are drastically overdriving causing splatter and to
offer help to get them

on the correct settings. It isn't brain surgery and just needs a little
patience to offer help instead

of just shoving out the usual 599 MACRO which makes a sham of the qso. I
will and will continue

to give accurate reports only.

I also notice that my entry on the website re Splatter has disappeared, I
wonder why??????.
The webmaster may copy it from my qrz.com page if required as any other
club or newsletter

with my permission may do so.

I continue with my EPC

"G" Splatter Watch on pretty much a daily basis and now enter those

bad offenders on the EPC cluster. I am not afraid to name and shame and
will continue to do

so.. I seem to be assisting more and more every day, in fact more than
qso's.
Many splatterers are EPC members proudly giving their EPC number but to my
mind this

only bring the club into disrepute.
Please do help your fellow amateurs and I make NO apology for getting back
on the soapbox.

73 de Mike G3PGA