ARLA/CLUSTER: TX Factor - Primeiro programa inteiramente dedicado ao radioamadorismo na TV britanica

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 20 de Fevereiro de 2014 - 12:39:37 WET

TX Factor airs on Friday

The UK's first TV show dedicated entirely to Amateur Radio launches
just after midnight on Friday.

Petrol heads have their Top Gear, fans of antiques and cookery shows
are spoilt for choice, but for far too long there has been nothing on
TV for radio enthusiasts.

That all changes on Friday, February 21, 2014 with the launch of TX
Factor - a half-hour show produced by broadcast professionals who are
themselves radio amateurs.

Hosted by Bob McCreadie G0FGX, Mike Marsh G1IAR and Nick Bennett
2E0FGQ, the show will explore all aspects of the diverse and
fascinating hobby which is amateur radio.

Nick Bennett has been employed in broadcast media all his working life
and now brings that wealth of professional experience to the TX
Factor: "I'm passionate about amateur radio and have always wished
there was a high-quality TV show about my favourite subject, and as
the main broadcasters haven't yet produced one we decided to make our
own!"

The programme is free to view via http://www.txfactor.co.uk/ and will
stream to a smart TV, PC, tablet or phone, adapting the quality to the
speed of the connection. If the broadband is fast enough viewers can
watch in full HD, but it also looks great on portable devices via 3G.

The show is sponsored by ML&S Martin Lynch and Sons Ltd, and Yaesu
Musen Co, Japan. Martin G4HKS says: "When I saw the pilot version of
TX Factor I was delighted to see our wonderful hobby at last given its
own quality TV show and I knew I wanted to support this exciting new
development. I think all hams will really enjoy the show and the
opportunities it offers to promote the wide variety of interests
within amateur radio."

Bob McCreadie G0FGX agrees it's great to have such well-respected
sponsors associated with the TX Factor: "Just as with normal
commercial TV our programmes are supported by advertising, but are
completely editorially independent. TX Factor will aim to entertain
and inform the amateur radio community with features on every kind of
ham activity, new equipment reviews and developments from around the
world."

The first episode includes a feature on Marconi's Atlantic leap, some
hilltop SOTA activity and a report by Mike Marsh G1IAR from The Norman
Lockyer Observatory Radio Group in Sidmouth, east Devon.

Mike is very keen on getting viewers involved with the show: "Clubs
are a very important part of the radio scene in the UK and we hope to
receive lots of news from clubs and individuals around the country on
their exciting radio activities which will inspire features for future
shows. This is very much a show for hams, by hams!"

Episode 1 of TX Factor will be available to view from Friday, February
21, 2014 at http://www.txfactor.co.uk/

The show is totally free and doesn't require any kind of login or registration.