ARLA/CLUSTER: Intrepid-DX Group pretende activar as Ilhas Georgia do Sul e Sandwich do Sul em Janeiro e Fevereiro de 2016

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 18 de Dezembro de 2014 - 12:52:39 WET

South Georgia Island and South Sandwich Island

The *Intrepid-DX Group*, led by Paul Ewing-N6PSE and David Collingham-K3LP,
is pleased to announce our next Dxpedition.

In January 2016, a multi-national team of fourteen operators will converge
in Stanley, the Falkland Islands, and start a 34 day voyage aboard the R/V
Braveheart to the #4 most wanted DXCC, South Sandwich Island and the #9
most wanted DXCC, South Georgia Island.

The team will set up and operate from each island for approximately
eight days, weather and sea conditions permitting.

Our primary objective is to activate South Sandwich and South Georgia
with a goal of providing as many Dxers as possible a "new one" with these
rare DXCC entities and, as a secondary objective; we will focus on low-band
contacts.

The team consists of fourteen operators including: Paul Ewing/N6PSE
(Co-Leader), David Collingham/K3LP (Co-Leader), Bill Beyer/N2WB, Arnie
Shatz/N6HC (Team Physician), Dmitri Zhikharev/RA9USU, Jun Tanaka/ JH4RHF,
Krassimir Petkov/K1LZ, David Jorgensen/WD5COV, Al Hernandez/K3VN, Craig
Thompson/K9CT, Jay Slough/K4ZLE, Kevin Rowett/K6TD, Stephen Wright/VE7CT,
and Mark Stennett/NA6M.

The group plans to have six stations on the air from 10 through 160 meters
with SSB, CW and RTTY. The radios will be the venerable Elecraft K3 while
the amplifiers will be the Elecraft KPA500, 600 watt amplifiers. We will
also use an Acom 1500 on the low bands. There will be low band receive
antennas and every effort will be made to utilize the propagation on all
bands to all population areas.

Our QSL Managers will be Bob Schenck, N2OO, and Steve Wheatley, KU9C,
working with the QSL team from the South Jersey DX Association.

We will have OQRS, we will accept direct and bureau QSL cards. We plan to
upload our logs to Club Log on a daily basis where conditions permit. The
Club Log Leaderboard feature will not be activated for this Dxpedition.

You can find out more about our plans at our website:
http://www.intrepid-dx.com/vp8

Thank you,
* Paul N6PSE* and *David K3LP*

OPDX