ARLA/CLUSTER: Possivelmente o mais novo radioamador indiano tem somente 12 anos de idade ?

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 17 de Dezembro de 2014 - 12:31:49 WET

India's youngest radio ham ?

The Hindustan Times reports on *Saborni Nag Biswas VU3JFE*, she is possibly
the youngest radio amateur in India

The newspaper says:
Saborni Nag Biswas, a student of class 7 at St Augustine Day School in
Barrackpore, is probably the youngest licensed Ham Radio operator now in
the country. She took the exam when she was 12 and got the license a few
months ago from the union ministry of communication and information
technology’s wireless planning & coordination wing.

She said “I had to wait till I turned 12 years of age as that is the
minimum age limit to take the exam. Now I have a licenseâ€.

Saborni turned 13 years in April 2014. But if you try to judge her by her
age you could be fooled. Because in January 2015 when nearly five lakhs of
pilgrims congregate at Ganga Sagar she would be helping senior IPS and IAS
officers with her radio communication skills to help manage this huge
footfall - one of the largest religious congregations of pilgrims in the
country.

Every year amateur radio operators are invited at Ganga Sagar Mela to
establish a communication network. They not only help in tracing missing
persons through radio communication but also help in crowd management. Such
parallel communication set up becomes more effective whenever there is a
natural disaster or human-made disaster.

“I had earlier been to the mela as a tourist a few years back. But this
time I am highly excited as I would be able to accompany my father and
other ham operators and help in tracing the missing persons at the mela,â€
she said.

Read the article 'All of 13, and already a master innovator!' on page 3 of
the Hindustan Times (Delhi) epaper for December 16 via
http://paper.hindustantimes.com/epaper/viewer.aspx?noredirect=true