ARLA/CLUSTER: ARTSAT2: DESPATCH necessita do sinal da sua estação

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 2 de Dezembro de 2014 - 13:53:33 WET

DESPATCH needs you

The ARTSAT2: DESPATCH deep space mission wiki is now open and they are
looking for 'exceptionally skilled ham operators'.

Their webpage says:
One of the missions that is central to DESPATCH is an experiment in
what we call "cooperative diversity communication." In this
experiment, we attempt to collect signals from the spacecraft received
not only at our own ground station in Tokyo, but at many ham radio
stations around the world, in order to reconstruct the original data
from the spacecraft. In this page, the details of the experiment and
how to join it are explained.

Reception of such weak signals to reconstruct data from the spacecraft
will require the expertise of exceptionally skilled ham operators. We
are hereby providing a rare opportunity to receive radio signals
transmitted by a spacecraft in deep space, and ask for your
cooperation in this project.

More details can be found at
http://despatch.artsat.jp/en/Cooperative_Data_Reconstruction