ARLA/CLUSTER: George Wood do programa "Sweden Calling DXers" da Radio Suecia reforma-se

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 11 de Agosto de 2014 - 13:27:03 WEST

Radio Sweden's George Wood retires

George posted on Facebook Friday morning:

"Final day at Radio Sweden before my retirement. Got most of the stuff in
my office packed."

Messages can be posted there https://www.facebook.com/radiowood

I'm sure many of us remember George on Radio Sweden. I certainly do. This
per Wiki:

George Wood began as a freelance reporter at Radio Sweden in 1975.
Following the retirement of Arne Skoog in 1978 he took over the writing and
presenting of the program Sweden Calling DXers and its successor MediaScan,
until the latter was taken off the air in 2001.

In 1994 MediaScan became the first radio program in Sweden and the second
in Europe (the first in English) to have its audio posted on the Internet.

More at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Wood_
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Wood_(Radio_Sweden)>(Radio_Sweden)

He has been Radio Sweden's Webmaster since Swedish Radio's first website
launched in 1995, while also serving as a journalist for the Radio Swedish
English Service. His was one of the voices in the satirical sketches in the
program the Saturday Show.

*Mike *