ARLA/CLUSTER: SW Radio Africa encerra as emissões em onda curta a 10 de agosto de 2014

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 6 de Agosto de 2014 - 13:40:22 WEST

FreqStationStartEndDaysLanguagePwrAzTransmitter SiteLat/LongRemarks4880
<http://www.short-wave.info/?freq=4880>SW Radio Africa
<http://www.short-wave.info/?station=SW%20Radio%20Africa>17:0018:00.23456.
English <http://www.short-wave.info/?language=English>1005
AFS
Meyerton <http://www.short-wave.info/?txsite=Meyerton>26S34 028E07
OFF_AIR
SWR Apr

Database dated 29 Jul 14.

SW Radio Africa is closing down

SW Radio Africa, known as the independent voice of Zimbabwe, has announced
its last broadcast will be on August 10

It is with regret that SW Radio Africa announces that it is closing down.
We recently stopped our shortwave transmissions but have continued to
provide broadcasts via our website and other formats, but these too will
cease.

We’d like to thank the organisations and individuals who have supported us
for the past 13 years and the contributors to our programs who have given
so willingly of their time and expertise.

In particular we’d like to thank our listeners, who have shared their
lives, hopes and dreams and helped us to tell the story of Zimbabwe’s sad
decline to the world.

We hope that one day Zimbabwe finally has a government who understands that
its sole responsibility is to ensure a safe, healthy, prosperous life for
every man, woman and child in the country.

Our first broadcast was on December 19, 2001.
Our last broadcast will be on August 10, 2014.

It’s been a privilege.

Gerry Jackson
Founder/Editor

SW Radio Africa