ARLA/CLUSTER: Contactos da Estação Espacial Internacional (ISS) via Echolink e IRLP

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 1 de Agosto de 2014 - 13:47:10 WEST

ARISS contact on Echolink and IRLP

Please join us in listening to the ISS contact with participants at
Space Jam 8, Rantoul Airport and Chanute Aerospace Museum, Rantoul, IL
USA

- Saturday 2 August - AOS anticipated at 12:23 UTC*

The duration of the contact is approximately 9 minutes and 30 seconds.
The contact will be a telebridge between NA1SS and W6SRJ in Santa
Rosa, California, USA. The contact should be audible over the west
coast of the U.S. Interested parties are invited to listen in on the
145.80 MHz downlink. The contact is expected to be conducted in
English.

Though primarily a weekend Scouting and STEM education event, we are
open to all interested youth. Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts and Venturing
Crews from 22 states and this year Canada have come together in an
educational and fun format to learn more about the life skills that
will prepare them for the increasingly complex technological future.

While it is well known that Scouting teaches pioneering skills like
camping and wilderness survival, the new pioneers and wilderness are
in outer space and we are working hard at 44 technology oriented Merit
Badges and activities, plus some fun things like the Duct Tape Merit
Badge and experiencing 1/3 gravity. Talking to the astronauts on the
ISS is an unforgettable part of the experience at Space Jam and that's
next on our list. We will not know for many years whether one of these
youths becomes an astronaut themselves but it is certain that they are
all part of tomorrow's leaders.

Audio from this contact will be fed into the:

EchoLink *AMSAT* (101377)
IRLP Node 9010 Discovery Reflector
Streaming Audio at: https://sites.google.com/site/arissaudio/

Audio on Echolink is generally transmitted around 20 minutes prior to
the contact taking place so that you can hear some of the preparation
that occurs. IRLP will begin just prior to the ground station call to
the ISS.

Please note that on Echolink there are automatic breaks of 1.5 seconds
in the audio transmission. These occur every 2.5 minutes during the
event.

Breaks on IRLP are manual and occur approximately after every third question.

* Contact times are approximate. If the ISS executes a reboost or
other manoeuvre, the AOS (Acquisition Of Signal) time may alter by a
few minutes

73,

John - AG9D
ARISS Audio Distribution