ARLA/CLUSTER: J43VHF: Radioamadores gregos lançam radio-balão a 11 de Maio

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 14 de Abril de 2014 - 13:18:56 WEST

J43VHF callign for Greek balloon

The special callsign *J43VHF* will be used by the Greek balloon *AEOLOS *on
May 11, 2014, carrying to the stratosphere a payload of APRS, 2m CW QRP and
10m CW QRP transmitters

A post by *Panagiotis Perreas M0LPT* on the GQRP Yahoo group says:

On May 11, 2014 at 0800 UT our team will launch a High Altitude Balloon
(HAB) from the area of Megalopolis - KM17BJ (Arkadia – Pelloponisos, Greece
– SV3 area).

Our primary goal is the HAB to reach the stratosphere at an altitude over
30 km. Our secondary goal is to gather propagation data via any station
being able to copy and QSL our beacons.

The HAB will provide telemetry data via APRS on 144.800 MHz under the
callsign J43VHF-11. You can monitor our flight on http://aprs.fi/

Two CW beacons will also be active during the flight, one on 2m and one on
10M.

During the event, an on-spot HF base station will be QRV under the callsign
J43VHF, providing live info on all preparations and flight data.

The team members are:
SV1BJY – Yannis (Team Leader)
SV1QT – Sotiris
SV1GZT – Vangelis
SV3IEG – Dinos
SV1NJX – Chris
SV1OAA – Costas
SV4PBH – Manos

All HAM and SWL that will provide feedback via our online QSL report, will
receive our special QSL card for free.

More info available at http://j43vhf.wordpress.com/ or via email at
j43vhf  gmail.com

73 de J43VHF team