ARLA/CLUSTER: Brevemente video da "TAPR/ARRL Digital Communication " 2013

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 26 de Setembro de 2013 - 13:08:35 WEST

HamRadioNow: The DCC is Done!

Gary Pearce KN4AQ ran a successful Kickstarter to fund videoing of the
key TAPR/ARRL Digital Communication Conference

Gary writes:

The 2013 DCC is done, and we've got the video. You may have seen the
special announcement from Yaesu (HamRadioNow Episode 99) on their
digital repeater system that Dennis K7BV made and the end of the day
on Friday. So that's what the venue and the video look like. No
editorial comments on Yaesu's digital system here, but I'll be talking
about it in future episodes of HamRadioNow as soon as I can.

I expect to begin work on finishing the DCC video in mid-October.
I still have some interviews from Huntsville and the Shelby Hamfest to
produce, and even some material on some big Emcomm vans at both Dayton
and Orlando that I want to get out. I'm never sure how long they'll
take to finish, but I'll be working on them right after I get back.

Speaking of getting back - that'll be a little sooner than I'd
planned. My wife Cyndi KD4ACW is dealing with some crises at home and
needs me to return as quickly as I can. Today is Tuesday, 9/24 (a
"rest" and catch-up day in Medford, OR). Tomorrow I'll be back on the
road making a beeline to North Carolina.

That means that I won't be able to make stops to shoot stories as I'd
hoped. I appreciate the many suggestions I've received (and haven't
had time to acknowledge... maybe later today, but time's slipping away
fast). I'd made no firm plans (didn't have time). I'll keep the ideas
for possible future programs.

Finally, some thanks...

Camera Ops: Rich Hand K7RFH, Jon Rumsey KF7NFD, Lisa Lewis
Mic runners: Kenny Richards, KU7M, Curt Black WR5J
Corporate Underwriters: TAPR, FlexRadioSystems, Elecraft
and YOU! 115 individual hams who contributed more than $6000 among you.

After KICKSTARTER and Amazon Payments took their slice (and a very few
declined credit transactions... all expected), the final total was
$11,666. More than one ham at the DCC expressed a mix of surprise and
delight that this succeeded ("cheap hams," you know). Going in, I felt
the odds were less than 50% - sorry I doubted you. I'll count myself
among the "surprised and delighted."

The success of the KICKSTARTER has raised the profile of HamRadioNow,
and TAPR and the DCC. Everybody wins.

OK, back to work, then back on the road. Thanks again, and watch for
DCC video on a screen near you, beginning in a few weeks.

73,

Gary KN4AQ

DCC - Yaesu announces digital voice repeater
http://www.southgatearc.org/news/september2013/
yaesu_announces_digital_voice_repeater.htm