ARLA/CLUSTER: John, K8YSE completa 48 estados dos EUA via satelite

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 10 de Setembro de 2013 - 10:56:40 WEST

Satellite achievement

Congratulations to John, K8YSE, for working and confirming all 488 USA
lower 48 States grids.

John states, "Satellite operators come and go and grids come and go
with them. A grid might have a very active operator in it and then it
is off the air when that person goes away for whatever reason.

"Interestingly, about half of the 488 grids that were worked were from
those operating portable, not in the sense of using a radio with
batteries, but in the traditional sense of operating away from their
home station location. Once you have experienced being on the other
end of a small pileup, you will want to do it again."

He also states, "I started with satellites in June 2006 and only had
47 USA grids by August 2008. From August 2008 till Jan 2009 I worked
another 109. In 2009 199 were worked. 2010 was 76 and 2011 was 44.
Only 4 new grids were worked in 2012 and 9 were snagged in 2013."

John is possibly the first person to ever work all 488 USA lower 48
States grids (at least in the past 10 years) on the satellites.
However, the sad part about this is there is not an award for this
wonderful accomplishment.

OPDX