ARLA/CLUSTER: Jovem irlandes com 14 anos obtem licença HAREC (categoria 1 em Portugal)

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 28 de Outubro de 2013 - 14:23:22 WET

Ireland's youngest amateur radio operator

The North Cork Radio Group would like to congratulate all successful
candidates that took the recent HAREC exam at Comreg offices on 10th
October last.

One of the candidates was Jordan Cummins, who is a member of the Group
and is the son of Lisa EI9GSB and Tony EI3GAB.

Jordan was one of the EI team who attended YOTA in Estonia in August.
His interest grew majorly in the hobby as a result of the YOTA
experience and he vowed at the venue that he would study for and sit
the exam in October. He kept his word and put in many hours of
study which resulted in him passing the exam, which he was notified of
on 23rd Oct.

Not only did he pass the exam, but he has become Ireland's youngest
operator .... did we mention Jordan is only 14!!

So thanks is in order to NCRG for the assistance, to the Irish Radio
Transmitters Society (IRTS) for their support in sending him to YOTA,
to Ger McNamara for his help and encouragement throughout the
activation and beyond, and finally to his family for all the
assistance and study help he received, despite the tough aspects of
the course.

Again, congrats to all candidates and we look forward to hearing new
calls on the air soon.

Fonte: IRTS