ARLA/CLUSTER: Reino Unido discute o fim da Televisão Digital Terreste (TDT) em 2030.

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 26 de Novembro de 2013 - 13:25:39 WET

 The end of Freeview in 2030 ?

Ofcom has published a consultation on its Mobile Data Strategy

The objective of the consultation is to identify and prioritise actions
which Ofcom could undertake to facilitate the continued long term growth in
consumer and citizen benefits from increasing use of mobile data services.

This document considers the challenges that rapidly growing demand for
these services could raise and what this may imply for Ofcom’s work over
the coming years. In particular, we identify a number of spectrum bands
where we think further work should be carried out to consider their
potential future availability for mobile data use, whilst recognising the
many other competing demands for spectrum.

The public consultation closes on 30 January 2014, see
http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/consultations/mobile-data-strategy/

A report on A516Digital points out the consultation raises the prospects
that digital terrestrial television (Freeview) could be axed altogether
after 2030, with the frequencies in the UHF TV frequency band reused
entirely for mobile broadband services.

Ofcom: The end of Freeview?
http://www.a516digital.com/2013/11/ofcom-end-of-freeview.html