ARLA/CLUSTER: Kenwood TMD 700

Rodrigo ct1bxt hotmail.com
Domingo, 19 de Maio de 2013 - 12:41:55 WEST

boas,

Aqui vai:

Thanks to KD4CWB for the basis for this modification

To modify the transmitter to cover 142 - 151.995 Mhz and 420-449.995 Mhz,
perform the following steps:
MOST IMPORTANT - this mod will do a reset on your radio and erase ALL of
your settings (memory, APRS, menus, etc.). Use the computer program to
pull all of the settings out BEFORE you go any further. Or if no computer,
a very large tablet. This radio has many many programable features.

Turn off the radio and disconnect the power

Remove the five screws from bottom cover (not the side with the speaker).

Remove the bottom cover. It may take a little prying with a small
screwdriver.

REMEMBER if you haven't saved your settings, all will be lost if you
proceed beyond this point.

Cut ONLY the famous Kenwood green wire, located near the voice synthesizer
board connector. The green wire ties two PC board lands together and is
about 1/2" long. Make sure the ends can't short against anything.

Reinstall the bottom cover.

Reapply power and turn the radio on (it will automatically reset).

Use the computer program to reinstall all of your operating parameters. I
found that the load ALL function did not seem to do everything. Try the
load MEMORY and MENU selections too. Or prepare to spend a whole bunch of
time re-entering all of your parameters that you wrote down in step 1.

73
Rodrigo
ct1bxt