ARLA/CLUSTER: Site da AMSAT em testes online

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 13 de Março de 2013 - 12:23:40 WET

Amsat website - testing online now

The web development team, working on the recovery of the AMSAT-NA
web at http://www.amsat.org, reports the site is becoming active with
testing of the system. As testing proceeds visitors to AMSAT's site
will begin to see restoration of prior functionality and introduction
of new features where appropriate.

AMSAT VP User Services Gould Smith, WA4SXM said, "Our web team is
making good progress in the restoration of popular features our users
counted on in the past. This also gives us an opportunity to review
some of the older content to prioritize in what order the system is
brought back up."

Although the pages seem sparsely populated at present, soon the entire
web presence will assume a new look-and-feel with additional
functionality, restored features, background graphics templates and
overall look-and-feel. A site map feature is planned for development
allowing quick navigation of the site's future multiple features.

Clicking on "SAT STATUS" on the top of the new page will bring you to
the Live OSCAR Satellite Status Page which currently resides at
http://oscar.dcarr.org/.

The roll-out of the Fox Project web pages can be accessed with a click
on the menu bar at the top of the home page.

Gould noted, "With the introduction of AMSAT's new web technology we
plan to use a new content management system to roll out important and
and breaking satellite news via the web page as soon as our volunteers
have the chance to post them."
Continuing, Gould said, "We will still maintain our existing
distribution via the AMSAT News Service so e-mail subscribers will not
need to change anything. The ANS bulletins will still arrive in your
in-box once a week."

You are invited to view the prototyping work in-progress on the new
AMSAT-NA web. Use the URL http://www.amsat.org. If you have prior
cache entries or bookmarks set to www.amsat.org/amsat-new those will
no longer work.

ANS