ARLA/CLUSTER: Em 25 de Abril a Australia vai emitir em AM e CW

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 4 de Março de 2013 - 16:05:07 WET

Amateur Radio event - AM and CW on ANZAC DAY 2013

As has been a tradition for the last few years in North and Far North
Queensland, we will be using AM and CW modes for ANZAC DAY (25th
April) again this year. We use the modes that our service people used.

Commencing with the Narly Nett on 3.600 mhz at 0630 local and as usual
the CW net prior to that. The Friendly Afternoon net on 7.115 mhz at
4pm local will be AM.

Suggested CW freqs during the afternoon on 40 meters are
7020, 7025, 14038 and 14051 plus or minus from 0300Z to 0700Z.

Col on VK4RAN will be monitoring these freqs on ex HMAS DIAMINTINA and
it looks as though ex HMAS TOWNSVILLE will also be on air around these
freqs as well. ex HMAS CASTLEMAINE will also be on air.

It would be very nice to have one of the ex RAN ships at the national
Maratime Museum in Sydney on air as well, so if you have any contacts,
please see if you can organise same. Also many amateurs go to ex
military sites and operate from there, eg Townsville Amateur Radio
Club operates from the Castle Hill Bunker.

ITS OUR WAY OF SALUTING THE MEM AND WOMEN WHO SERVED OUR COUNTRY VIA
THE MEDIUM THAT THEY USED WHILST AT WAR.

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO OTHER GROUPS CLUBS AND AMATEURS AROUND
AUSTRALIA AND ASK THAT FOR ANZAC DAY TO USE THE OLD MODES, AM and CW,
AS A SIGN OF RESPECT TO THOSE THAT SERVED.

Mike "banjo" Patterson vk4mik