ARLA/CLUSTER: 1º Eco via Rebote Lunar em 77,5 GHz

Segunda-Feira, 25 de Fevereiro de 2013 - 14:26:41 WET

77.5 GHz ham radio moon bounce echo achieved

Last Sunday, February 17, Sergei RW3BP tried his first amateur radio Earth-Moon-Earth echo test on 77.5 GHz

He posted this report on the Moon-Net reflector:

The weather was good for the test. No clouds, temperature -7C, humidity 85%.

Transmitted signal was simple "E" - 25% on and 75% off with 0.7s period. Three periods to transmit and five periods pause to switch TX/RX and to receive.

Echo signal was -20...-22 dB under noise in ref to 3 kHz BW. To detect echo signal I used my MWCW program. The signal was well seen after 1 min averaging. Test was at an elevation from 30 to 50 deg. Moon noise was about 0.4 dB.

Antenna is 2.4m alu offset dish. Output power of TWTA is about 60W. Noise Figure of RX is about 6dB.

Read the 77.5 GHz EME thread on Moon-Net at
http://mailman.pe1itr.com/pipermail/moon-net/2013-February/007266.html