ARLA/CLUSTER: Video: Como um amador pode seguir satelites de orbita baixa

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 30 de Dezembro de 2013 - 15:48:48 WET

Hillbilly tracking for low earth orbit satellites

In this video, radio amateur *Travis Goodspeed KK4VCZ* describes his
satellite tracking system to the 30th Chaos Computer Congress

The YouTube description reads:

*Satellites in Low Earth Orbit have tons of nifty signals, but they move
quickly though the sky and are difficult to track with fine accuracy. This
lecture describes a remotely operable satellite tracking system that the
author built from a Navy-surplus Inmarsat dish in Southern Appalachia. The
entire system is controlled through a Postgres database, fed by various
daemons spread across multiple machines. *

* So when I click on a satellite on my laptop or cellphone, it runs "UPDATE
target SET name='Voyager 1';" and the motor daemon then begins to track the
new target while the prediction daemon maintains accurate estimates of its
position in the sky. Additional daemons take spectral prints or
software-defined radio recordings of the targeted object for later review.*

Watch 30c3: Hillbilly Tracking of Low Earth Orbit

Further information on the system on Travis Goodspeed's Blog
http://travisgoodspeed.blogspot.co.uk/

Other 30c3 videos available at
http://www.youtube.com/user/albertveli/videos

30th Chaos Computer Congress, December 27-30, 2013 at the Congress Center
Hamburg in Germany
https://events.ccc.de/congress/2013/wiki/Main_Page