ARLA/CLUSTER: 'Amazing results' on 10m QRP AM

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Domingo, 21 de Outubro de 2012 - 14:44:55 WEST

Andy G0FTD took advantage of the good conditions to have a 29 MHz AM
contact with K1IED while running just 1 watt.

He writes:

Well I knew something was going on well up in the F layer because my 1
watt WSPR beacon on 10m was being heard in Chile last night, using
just a piece of wire stuck to the bedroom wall !

Just been down the beach for a quick operating session with the FT817
and had a great QSO with K1IED, using about 1 watt. I was stunned he
could hear me.

Made a quick video, but I doubt I'll win any Oscars ;-)
http://s1295.photobucket.com/albums/b624/g0ftd/?action=view&current=g0ftdg4czuandk1iedon29mhzamoctober2012.mp4

73 de
Andy G0FTD