ARLA/CLUSTER: Magnetic Loop Antenna controlled by Arduino

Terça-Feira, 16 de Outubro de 2012 - 12:16:15 WEST

Magnetic Loop Antenna controlled by Arduino

This video presents a Magnetic Loop antenna controlled by an Arduino

The YouTube description reads:

The controller system receives a command via infrared transmitter similar to a TV remote control.

There is a circuit responsible for the infrared receiver coupled to the Arduino.
Every action performed on the remote control is sent to the Arduino and treated by a program I developed specially to control the stepper motor.
That way I can move the capacitor clockwise and counterclockwise.
The current level demanded by the stepper motor is high, you cannot control it directly from the Arduino.
To solve this problem, I used a circuit based on the ULN2003.
To facilitate programming for the infrared receiver and the stepper motor, I used the public libraries for irRemote and Stepper (see references). With them I saved several lines of code.

My Magnetic Loop antenna was based on models collected on the Internet.
In particular, I used the instructions and tips from Alex (PY1AHD), which sells this kind of antenna with a better look than showed in this video (see http://www.alexloop.com/).