ARLA/CLUSTER: LFA ou DK7ZB ?

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 11 de Outubro de 2012 - 14:08:59 WEST

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Antonio Matias <ct1ffu  gmail.com>
Date: 2012/10/11
Subject: Re: [CT-Com. & Tec.] LFA ou DK7ZB ?
To: ct-comunicacoes-e-tecnologias  googlegroups.com

Não.
na realidade as LFA não ficam nada bem na foto.

    *In the last time it comes into fashion to compare "old" and "new"
designs by other designers. Normally I would not share this discussion, but
in this case I must make an exception.*

*G0KSC claims his 1-lambda 50-MHz-LFA as much better. Indeed the LFA has a
greater bandwidth (which you do not need for CW/SSB/beacons). The LFA has a
better pattern ("Low-Noise"), especially the bigger vertical sidelobes of
the DK7ZB-Yagi are criticized.*

*But in the real world you have not  free-space conditions. If you mount
the Yagi above real ground, the sidelobe disappears by ground reflection
influence (see picture down). Do you believe the upper sidelobe, pointed
into the sky receives any "mystic" noise (from aliens, or what)? Or the
horizontal forward sidelobe with is suppressed  -25 dB?*

*Now compare the gain of the two Yagis with the same boomlength:*

*5-El.-DK7ZB 9,6 dBd, 5-El.-LFA 8,9 dB*
   *In the real environment you cannot see anything from a sidelobe pointed
downwards !*

*But a difference of 0,7 dB gain for the same boomlength of 1 lambda is a
really big one.*

*22 years of my own DX-experience on 6 m show the effectivity of high-gain
Yagis. The simple to built 5-El.-Yagi is still a good choice!*