ARLA/CLUSTER: Estação especial britanica para o Dia Internacional da Pessoa deficiente

Quinta-Feira, 15 de Novembro de 2012 - 11:56:42 WET

Special Event Station - GB0IDD UN International Day of Persons with Disabilities

Wakefield District Radio Society (David Evans G0EVA and others) will be operating the Special Event Station GB0IDD (International Disability Day) over the weekend of 1st,2nd,and 3rd December 2012 from the Wakefield 23rd Troop Scout HQ in Celebration of the 'UN International Day of Persons with Disabilities' to publicise this Special Day.

This United Nations sponsored "Day of Action" takes place each year. Details can be found at URL - http://www.un.org/disabilities/
default.asp?id=1597 . The overall aim is to raise awareness and understanding of disability issues and to promote the independence, inclusion and choice of disabled people and their rights, abilities and well-being worldwide.

This years theme is - "Removing barriers to create an inclusive and accessible society for all".

We will, of course, be most pleased to work any disabled amateurs during our event. Wakefield District Radio Society has around 30% of its' members who are disabled in one way or another.

Operation will be mainly (but not exclusively SSB) on the Bands 14 - 28MHz; times will be as many as we can cope with - look out for spots on various DX webs.

QSL via Eqsl.cc only - GB0IDD.