ARLA/CLUSTER: Fwd: HRDLOG.net Major news (Feb-Mar)

Victor Gomes ct1byk sapo.pt
Sexta-Feira, 30 de Março de 2012 - 17:01:14 WEST

*_List of the main news on HRDLOG.net (Feb – Mar 2012)_*

  * Dropbox
  * Twitter
  * Display of QSO - new type of script
  * Server infrastructure

*_Dropbox _*

It has been completed the integration with Dropbox so it is now
available. Dropbox is the virtual box which make available for free 2 GB
of space, attainable from all your own PCs and mobile devices.
 From the page Modify Profile-Dropbox is possible to follow an easy
guided procedure that allows HRDLOG.net to publish a daily copy of your
own logbook on a Dropbox folder .
At this point, installing the client of Dropbox on your own computer, we
will have a daily version of the logbook automatically aligned.

*_Twitter_*

It has been implemented a new page that allows the integration with the
social network Twitter.
Once the integration has been activated, it will be possible to update
automatically your status on Twitter (sending a Tweet) each time that :

  * Every new QSO
  * On a new country worked
  * When you are "On-Air"
  * Every band change

The function will be active and it can be configured from the page
Modify profile-Twitter.

*_Display of QSO - new type of script_*

One of the function more appreciated of HRDLOG.net is the one that
allows to publish the own QSOs on the personal web site or on the own
page of QRZ.com.
Furthermore, it is possible to publish information on the "OnAir"
status, to enable the search of QSO, to visualize the results of the
research divided for bands.
In addition to the two mode already present (Text and Image), it has
been added the IFRAME mode which is compatible also with QRZ.com; I
remind you that the "Text" mode is not functioning anymore within QRZ
since the java scripts has been deactivated on the pages.
The code can be produced through the graphic interface at the page
Login-Create Script; once you have decided the graphic aspects
(dimension, color, etc) it is sufficient to copy and paste the script in
the web page desired.

*_Server infrastructure_*

Increasing security problems lead us to abandon the previous
architecture in order to move to a mixed cloud environment based on
HyperV and VMware.
The HRDLOG.net server web has been moved to this new infrastructure.

[PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!]
<http://www.hrdlog.net/PayPal.aspx?hrdlog=news>
Remember HRDLOG.net lives by means of your donations. Support the costs
and the future development!
If you find our website useful and you might use it in the future, we
kindly invite you to take into account the possibility of making a
donation.