ARLA/CLUSTER: Viagem de um Radio-Balão pelo Mundo em 28,223 MHz(CW)

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sábado, 3 de Março de 2012 - 13:46:51 WET

Around the world 28 MHz CW balloon

Bob Bruninga WB4APR brings news of an around the world balloon attempt
on March 5/9 that'll carry a CW transmitter on 28.223 MHz.

It will be launched on either 5 or 9 March 2012 in Annapolis Maryland
and go East towards Europe.

The balloon payload will only weigh about 50 grams. About the mass of
two standard 9v batteries. It will use about 10 Mylar Party balloons
to achieve constant-pressure flight level above 40,000 feet. The
Telemetry will be in CW on 28.223 MHz and will contain only Battery
voltage, and inside and outside temperatures.

The CW format will be something like this. It is assumed that all
outside termperatures will be below zero or negative so the minus sign
is not transmitted. The inside temperature might get above 0 during
sunlight. So assume the I inside temperature is positive and the
outside temperature is negative in Degrees C. When the inside
temperature goes negative then the I will change to IN to indicate
negative temps.
The outside Temp is always negative. If it goes positive, then the
value will be replaced with an X.

. . . W3ADO I nn T nn APRS.ORG . . . <== inside temp positive and
outside negative

. . . W3ADO IN nn T X APRS.ORG . . . <== inside temp negatve and
outside positive

The CW message will be repeated once a minute or so. The WEB page may
be only send on every other beacon.

TRACKING: The balloon has no GPS. All tracking will be done by HF
DFing. All APRS users are assumed to know how to enter an APRS DF
bearing report so that their DF bearing line shows up on global APRS
maps.

Check the APRS site for latest information
http://www.aprs.org/