ARLA/CLUSTER: Nova versão do CWWAV para o ensino da telegrafia

Segunda-Feira, 30 de Julho de 2012 - 13:02:31 WEST

New version of CWWAV

CWWAV is for those of you who want to generate their own practice files for learning CW or improving your QRQ copy:

Thomas, M0TRN says: I've just released a new version of CWWAV, version 0.4, with added support for UTF-8 files and a number of accented letters, suitable for at least Scandinavian languages and German, maybe French too. I also added Jules Verne: A Journey to the Centre of the Earth to the examples, and a conversion script to convert it to MP3 CW's in chapters. It sounds really good with new settings.

This software runs on Linux and instructions are available in the README. It's probably possible to run on Windows and maybe one day I'll release a precompiled version. Check the web site https://freecode.com/projects/cwwav

CVWAV takes one or more text files (or text read from standard input) and converts the text into a WAV audio file containing the CW (Morse code) representation of the text. It's useful for generating practice files if you are learning CW and want to practice by listening to text. It's a very simple program but it is designed to do what it does well. That is, it is designed to produce good sounding CW output files, with proper timing and comfortable envelope to avoid key clicks and to make the CW softer.

Release Notes:
This release adds UTF-8 text file support and support for a number of European accented letters; it should be able to transcribe Danish/Norwegian/Swedish/German files, and possibly French. It also changes paragraph breaks (an empty line in the input) to produce a short pause instead of " = ". It adds "A Journey to the Interior of the Earth" by Jules Verne (from Project Gutenberg) to the examples, along with a conversion script with some nice settings

Our thanks to Fists Down Under for this item. Visit their website at:
www.fistsdownunder.org<http://www.fistsdownunder.org>