ARLA/CLUSTER: Agenda radioamadoristica para a Conferencia Mundial (WRC-12)

Sexta-Feira, 20 de Janeiro de 2012 - 12:36:56 WET

Page last updated on: Friday, January 20, 2012

Amateur Radio in WRC-12 Agenda Document

Amateur radio is mentioned in the preface of the ITU agenda document for the World Radiocommunication Conference 2012 (WRC-12) taking place in Geneva Jan 23 - Feb 17.

The preface of the 2012 World Radiocommunication Conference Agenda and References (Resolutions and Recommendations) says:

"So as to try to better assist you in your preparations for the conference, I would like to present to you this booklet that offers, not only the agenda for the WRC-12, but also all pertinent resolutions and recommendations that are referenced therein.

I confess that I have been inspired by the initiative of the International Amateur Radio Union that first presented a similar document and take this opportunity to convey my appreciation to the IAU [sic]."

Among the WRC-12 agenda items of interest to the Amateur and Amateur-satellite Services are:

1.15 to consider possible allocations in the range 3-50 MHz to the radiolocation service for oceanographic radar applications, taking into account the results of ITU-R studies, in accordance with Resolution 612 (WRC-07);

1.19 to consider regulatory measures and their relevance, in order to enable the introduction of software-defined radio and cognitive radio systems, based on the results of ITU-R studies, in accordance with Resolution 956 (WRC-07);

1.22 to examine the effect of emissions from short-range devices on radiocommunication services, in accordance with Resolution 953 (WRC-07);

1.23 to consider an allocation of about 15 kHz in parts of the band 415-526.5 kHz to the amateur service on a secondary basis, taking into account the need to protect existing services

Read the 2012 World Radiocommunication Conference Agenda and References (Resolutions and Recommendations)
http://www.itu.int/dms_pub/itu-r/oth/0C/04/R0C040000070001PDFE.PDF

ITU WRC-12
http://www.itu.int/ITU-R/index.asp?category=conferences&rlink=wrc-12%3C=en