ARLA/CLUSTER: Resolução sobre Nano e Pico satelites na WRC-12

Quarta-Feira, 22 de Fevereiro de 2012 - 11:46:19 WET

Nano and picosatellite resolution at WRC-12

Wouter Jan Ubbels PA3WEG provides an update regarding the attendance by ISIS at the World Radiocommunication Conference.

At the conference, ISIS has managed to write a last-minute resolution which was submitted by a group of countries, led by The Netherlands.

The aim of this resolution is to propose an agenda item for the next WRC (2015), which proposes to conduct studies to identify the spectrum needs of nano-and picosatellites, and furthermore to study the associated regulatory constraints. After the discussions at the WRC, the resolution got partially accepted by the conference (only the regulatory aspects will be studied), and not for the WRC-2015 but for the WRC after that, which will be in 2018. The provisional final acts of WRC2012 has been published, I quote:

"2.2 to consider the appropriate regulatory procedures for notifying satellite networks needed to facilitate the deployment and operation of nano and picosatellites, in accordance with Resolution COM6/10
(WRC-12); "

TIES users can download the provisional final acts at
http://www.itu.int/md/R12-WRC12-R-0001/en

This is very good news, and could mean that the ITU notification process for nano-and picosatellites can become greatly simplified in the future. We first of all would like to thank all the supporting administrations for their support and would like to invite the community to, through their administrations, participate in the studies, so that the outcome will be as much as possible line with the needs of the community.

We will continue to work on this subject and keep you updated through these lists and at the various small / nano / picosatellite conferences and workshops.

Kind regards,

Wouter Jan Ubbels
ISIS - Innovative Solutions In Space B.V.
http://www.isispace.nl/