ARLA/CLUSTER: Salão para exportação Radio em Shanghai - China

Quarta-Feira, 7 de Setembro de 2011 - 13:38:03 WEST

Quase me atrevo-a dizer que este salão é já o mais importante a nível mundial actualmente, tomem nota deste parágrafo:
"Todas as grandes empresas estavam lá, Kenwood, Yaesu (Vertex), Icom, Diamond, Alinco, e claro a notável empresa chinesa WOUXUN, exibindo o seu novo KG UV920R.

Shanghai - China Radio Expo+Fest

That was what the Visitor Brochure almost called it. It was held at the INTEX Shanghai from September 2nd to 4th.

I knew about it originally in February this year and applied for a priority entrance but heard nothing. I couldn't find any info about it nearer the time so thought it had been cancelled. Then I came across the details online late on the Saturday (2nd day).
The link is here China Ham Expo ( http://www.chinahamexpo.com/indexen.asp ).

This was the 3rd Shanghai International Ham Radio Festival coupled with the Two Way Radio Exhibition and the Radio Technology and Equipment Exhibition.

Although not impressed with the administration (or lack of it) the Expo itself was on two large floors with easy access. I only saw it on the Sunday and entrance was free.

The lower floor was all very high quality radio control models, kits part and tools with dozens and dozens of stands.

The models ranged from small cars to monster trucks, huge airplanes to boats and military tanks. Several of the larger planes had sizeable jet engines in. I was impressed.

The upper floor had more similar material but about one third of the floor space was Amateur Radio kit. All the major companies were there, Kenwood, Yaesu (Vertex), Icom, Diamond, Alinco and of course the notable Chinese company Wouxun displaying their new KG-UV920R. None of the companies were selling (boxes) as such but did appear to be taking orders.

There was also a rather impressive collection of old radios detailing the radio history of China.

Unfortunately the "Expo" finished at 13:00, although on-line it said 16:00, and quite a few stall holders started packing up early at 12:00.

I have a feeling that I missed the best days as there were, allegedly, lectures, forums and a flea market on other days. I got a good enough feel for it to want to visit again next year. Here is a link to even more pictures. Shanghai Radio Expo 2011 ( http://tinyurl.com/3car2ba )

Tony, G4CJC