ARLA/CLUSTER: The D-Star - will be the end of analog?

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sábado, 3 de Setembro de 2011 - 14:34:55 WEST

The National Association of Portuguese amateurs, Rede dos Emissores
Portugueses (REP) will hold a lecture on September 3, 2011 at 15:00 in
the auditorium of the Campo Flores College located in the town of
Lazarim, near of Lisbonne in South of the Tagus River, with the theme
'The D-Star - will be the end of analog?'

This lecture will be our speaker colleague and partner Jorge Santos
CT1JIB, that as national coordinator of the D-Star will provide the
basis of its operation, applications used by the network D-Star and
Open Source applications born after the birth of this system, some of
them operating in our country, such as:

ircDDB - advantages of using

Dextra - that is, the purpose and the applications running.

Reflectors - difference between the Dplus and Dextra.

Dextra Server (this is a new novel, currently in testing only the
Arrábida repeater).

ircDDBGateway - otherwise you have repeaters without the use of material ICOM.

HotSpot - what is it and how we can install and what advantages.

DRATS - An alternative to the ALE.

Applications to work for testing will be a hotspot, a PC with
dextra_client and colleagues who have Echolink application for
Android.

This lecture will also include the presence of other hams and the
experience they practiced.

Information about the lecture, or record of attendance, may be made by
mail official REP rep  rep.pt

Best wishes~

Rede Dos Emissores Portugueses
Carlos Nora, CT1END