ARLA/CLUSTER: Reino Unido reactiva satelite "Prospero" em 137, 560 MHz

Quinta-Feira, 20 de Outubro de 2011 - 10:55:15 WEST

Prospero to be reactivated on 137.560 MHz

Attempts are being made to reactivate Prospero, the United Kingdom's first satellite, launched on a UK-built rocket, Black Arrow, on October 28, 1971.

On the AMSAT bulletin board Roger M0RJA writes:

Some of you may have heard that a team in the UK are trying to re-contact and old British launched satellite for the anniversary of its launch (28th October 1971).

We've been given a licence to transmit and will be testing our re-engineered ground-segment in the next fortnight. The passes we are going to concentrate on will be as far out west as possible, as to minimise QRM from Europe. Earth is a lot more EM noisy than it was in 1971.

"If anyone wants to try and tune in to the downlink, you can help ID any response we get from the old bird. To avoid interference the downlink is only planned to be active when the satellite is in range of the United Kingdom. The passes are summarised here:"
https://public.sheet.zoho.com/public/rjaduthie/prospero-passes-in-the-next-fortnight

There are other passes, though these are the ones which are out west.

We'll see how we do.

Roger J A Duthie M0RJA
Email: rjad at mssl.ucl.ac.uk

Prospero real-time oribtal tracking page
http://www.vk3ukf.com/Space/GadgetSatProspero.htm

Experiments on the Prospero satellite
http://www.southgatearc.org/news/september2011/experiments_on_the_prospero_satellite.htm

Plan to revive 1970s UK satellite on 137.560 MHz
http://www.southgatearc.org/news/september2011/plan_to_revive_1970s_uk_satellite.htm

OSCAR News is published quarterly by AMSAT-UK and posted to members.

To get your copy join AMSAT-UK online at
http://tinyurl.com/JoinAMSAT-UK/

Free sample issue at
http://www.uk.amsat.org/on_193_final.pdf