ARLA/CLUSTER: Alteração na banda dos 60mt nos EUA

0167484301 0167484301 netcabo.pt
Terça-Feira, 22 de Novembro de 2011 - 12:50:50 WET

ALE 5MHZ CHANNELS
For many years, we have always included 2
channels at 5MHz in the international ham
radio ALE channel list:
5371.5 kHz USB
5403.5 kHz USB

These 2 channels are the most common
internationally and are presently designated
Emergency Only. We probably will change the
designations to Primary and Secondary.

See channel list:
http://hflink.com/channels/

BACKGROUND OF ALE 5MHZ ACTIVITY
Hams in some countries have been using 5MHz
channels for ALE for a long time; however,
operators in USA have not been allowed,
due to the "voice-only" FCC 5MHz rule.

5MHZ ALE IN USA
The new 5MHz rule changes (allowing Data
with certain limitations) will go into effect in
about one month. Then it will be possible for USA
ham operators to utilize some aspects of ALE on 5MHz.

EMISSION TYPE AND COMPLIANCE OF ALE SIGNAL
The ALE signal complies with the requirements of
the new 5MHz FCC rules. The rule allows the
use of Data content using Emission Type 2K80J2D.
The 2K80 means 2.80 kHz bandwidth. The J2D means
"SSB transmitter modulated with Data content". The
rule says that 2.8 kHz is the maximum bandwidth,
but lesser bandwidth may be used. An example of
this allowed lesser bandwidth Emission Type is
2K00J2D, the Emission Type of ALE 8FSK signal.

PROGRAMMING
PCALE and some ALE transceivers can be programmed
for compliance with the new USA rules on 5MHz. Also,
operators will need to follow specific operating
procedures to ensure compliance with both the
spirit and the exact requirements of the rules.

5MHZ QRG FILL FILES AND SET-UP
The following items will be available soon for
5MHz ALE operation:
1. a QRG fill file for PCALE with instructions for
setup will be available for download soon.
2. programming information for ALE radios.
3. a Quick Reference Card for 5MHz operation.

ARTICLE IN PROGRESS
I am currently writing an article about USA
5MHz ALE for HFLINK.COM website. The article will
provide details and information about rules
conformity and ALE set up. The rule changes were
announced only a few days ago, and it may take a
little time for full interpretation.

BASIC FACTORS ABOUT 5MHZ ALE OPERATION USA
Here are some factors we already know about,
that will need to be covered for compliance with
the new 5MHz FCC rules:
1. Use of Listen-Before-Transmit protocol.
2. § 97.221 rules section changes for 5MHz.
3. Use of manual sounding.
4. Use of ALE signal for Selective Calling.
5. Use of Manual and/or Remote control.
6. Compliance with the bandwidth requirements.
7. Compliance with the station control requirements.

CONCLUSION
At the present time, it appears that 5MHz ALE
operation for USA hams may be similar to how
we presently use ALE on the HFL SSB Voice net.
We look forward to the great benefit of the
5MHz channels filling in the gap of propagation
for hams, especially those involved with Emcomm.

Regards,
Bonnie Crystal KQ6XA, VR2KQ6XA
International Coordinator
Global ALE High Frequency Network