ARLA/CLUSTER: CODEC para Voz Digital de 1400 bps para SSB.

Quarta-Feira, 16 de Novembro de 2011 - 14:16:45 WET

Amateur Radio 1400 bps Digital Voice CODEC

In his blog David Rowe VK5DGR describes the work being done in developing a Digital Voice CODEC that works at 1400 bps.

The development of a 1400 bps CODEC paves the way for future Amateur Radio digital voice systems using potentially as little as half the bandwidth of a traditional SSB signal.

In his blog David says:
"Building a 1400 bit/s communications quality speech codec is a highlight of my career."

"The CELP based speech codecs I built in the early 90's could deliver communications quality speech at 9600 bit/s, or (with a significant drop in quality) run at 4800 bit/s. So managing to get about the same quality at 1400 bit/s is a nice personal achievement for me. Giving it away to the world is even cooler."

Read the David Rowe VK5DGR blog at
http://www.rowetel.com/blog/?p=2255

Join the Codec2 email list at