ARLA/CLUSTER: Estações alemãs na base Neumayer - Antárctica até 2013.

Quinta-Feira, 3 de Novembro de 2011 - 14:40:44 WET

Amateur Radio operation from Antarctica

Amateur radio operators Felix DL5XL and Las DL1LLL will be at the Neumayer III Station in Antarctica (WAP DEU-08) in December.

They will be using the club station's callsign DP0GVN.

A new amplifier (Acom 2000A) has been shipped to Neumayer Station, so they hope to have a good signal on the bands.

DL5XL will return back to Germany at the end of February 2012, while DL1LLL will remain over the winter at the Neumayer III Base until February 2013.

Felix was asked about a possibility to activate some special spots such as Palaoa Observatory or Neumayer/SANAE Emergency base (both "New One WAP"), while down there. Felix said, "I will not promise any portable activities, but I am aware of the WAP chasers' interest in these new locations and will try to do my best if there is free time."

WAP website www.waponline.it<http://www.waponline.it>