ARLA/CLUSTER: Nova versão USB do " APRS TNC Digi Tracker"

Quarta-Feira, 16 de Março de 2011 - 13:35:57 WET

We have now built up enough stock to finally release the new USB version of our APRS TNC Digi Tracker.

It now has a USB port so that it can work with modern laptops, notebooks and PCs.

It can be powered by either the 12V input on the 9 way D-type radio port or by the 5V feed through the USB port.

This makes it very easy to use with a notebook and handheld. The Digi Tracker is powered through the USB cable and the Tx, Rx audio and PTT lines are connected to the handheld radio.

It comes with a built in Sirf III GPS receiver with a SMA connector for an external GPS antenna.

I've been using the prototype in my car over the last six months as an APRS tracker. It's fun to have the option to plug a USB cable between the Digi Tracker and notebook for lunchtime portable APRS operation with UI-View.

I've updated the web page with more details and an Operating Manual of the USB version:
http://www.crosscountrywireless.net/aprs_tnc.htm

I've also made a new web page for the APRS Messenger Lite freeware program that can program the new version using any PC Comm port up to Comm 255 and also run as a receive only igate as well.

The new web page is:
http://www.crosscountrywireless.net/aprs_messenger_lite.htm

73,

Chris, G4HYG