ARLA/CLUSTER: Vídeo do recorde em 5 GHz na Nova Zelândia.

Quinta-Feira, 6 de Janeiro de 2011 - 14:14:08 WET

New Zealand Radio Hams set new 5GHz record

Steve ZL1TPH and Ted ZL2IP have set a new record for a 5GHz (6cm) Microwave contact within New Zealand.

On the ZLHAMS Yahoo Group Steve writes:

This morning worked Ted ZL2IP at 551 km SSB on 6 cm (5.76 GHz) with start 3/3 end 5/1 exchanged both ways.

>From Cape Reinga to Mount Tarinaki and conditions were not that good on 2 m. No enhanced tropo, just mild summer enhancement. In the U’Tube you can compare the difference between VHF and microwave long haul.

The FT817 in the tailgate is 6 cm (5.76 GHz) using a 144 MHz IF - and the TS700A on the front seat is the 2 m radio at 250 Watts. Ted’s TX 80 Watts on 2 m.

The 551 km was a water path. How microwave long haul amateur links can be effective with high performance systems. The 6 cm TRV is in pieces with the lid off on the side of the dish – because I took out the RF transfer relay with the 100 Watts on 6 cm power. Excuse the rough video, along with my head cold and the fact it was a near two hour drive to the site today from 4 am start this morning from northern QTH, another 4 hours on site along with another 6 hour drive home all in one day. 845 km drive in total for just one contact on 6 cm!

Watch Ted ZL2IP working Steve ZL1TPH on 6 cm and 2 m at 551 km:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP-Klj5vUmI