ARLA/CLUSTER: DX web cluster movel

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 9 de Dezembro de 2011 - 11:14:11 WET

Mobile DX web cluster

Kelly, N0VD, reports: For what it's worth, I have been playing with
'mobile spots' over the past few years. I originally wrote a native
Blackberry app a couple of years ago that could interface with the DX
cluster, but never released it to the public.

Over the past few months I've had the motivation to develop a mobile
enhanced DX web cluster in order to broaden the accessibility to a
wider variety of mobile devices.

While it is still in Beta and currently being developed, it can be
accessed at http://m.dx2go.com. If you have a smart phone from the
last couple of years, you should be able to get full use of the site.

While I believe the mobile web cluster to be stable, there are sure to
be bugs that I have not found.

Development will also continue on the Blackberry app as well as a new
Android app to hopefully be released in the near future.
A fully functional desktop website is also in development and I hope
to release it to the public soon. When that happens, I will likely
retire the old DX Central website as it has been in auto-pilot for
years and sorely out of date.

Anyway, it's been interesting (or frustrating) trying to develop
something compatible with a wide range of devices. Hopefully it will
be something of value to a larger audience – at least I can check to
see if 160M is open and not have to get out of bed!

Fonte: OPDX