ARLA/CLUSTER: Videos do lançamento do ARISSAT

Quinta-Feira, 4 de Agosto de 2011 - 12:46:39 WEST

Arissat deployment videos

Fernando, EC1AME has made two videos of NASA TV's coverage of the ARISSat deployment.

His Youtube description for the videos reads:

This is a screen capture of NASA TV´s live coverage of August 3rd 2011, EVA.
Two russian cosmonauts made their best to deply the ham radio end educational payload ARISSAT...
http://www.youtube.com/embed/kAzPQ13tLk0?rel=0

this video shows the problems to do it
Finally we knew that the UHF antenna was lost or broken down, despite that, the satellite was launch into space at 18.43z from the ISS.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/SxNumK9geko?rel=0

I think the russians did their best but could have treated the satellite with a bit more care :-) we all hope it will work fine on VHF.

Fernando, EC1AME