ARLA/CLUSTER: My first SOTA activation at CT/ES-003.

Terça-Feira, 26 de Abril de 2011 - 12:36:32 WEST

Hello all,

it was my first SOTA activation ever, also first ever in Portugal. I had fantastic company of CT5IPX Bruno Luengo and was first time we saw which other too.

It was indeed the happy final of a long process that started some time ago with CT1BWW Marques and then with my help and fabulous help of G0CKQ Jim. I should thanks Jim for his huge patient with me, since I was not known of some terms about SOTA and Jim taught me all about SOTA, thanks a lot Jim !

Because I am still on school vacations I had idea to activate SOTA for the first time and yesterday went to CT/ES-009 Serra de São Luís to start it, however due to my ignorance I did not get it and arrived home very tired and dirty.

Still yesterday I sent an email how to access CT/ES-003 and got a fine answer from CT4RK Mourato, some time later received an email from CT5IPX to know if he could be my mate on SOTA, I answered him yes.

Later on I did a phonecall to him and arranged all. I met him pretty near from my home and then drove till nearest road of CT/ES-003. We walked about 2 to 3 km until we reached it. Installed antenna and did 6 CW qso, unfortunately without any SOTA chaser, my lack I admit. Should improve my knowledges about SOTA program.

We got some rain and left CT/ES-003 fast and without problems. Then we drove back home and ended first SOTA activation ever in CT.

Thanks a lot to G0CQK Jim, CT1BWW Marq, CT5IPX Bruno and some more that I could not remenber.

Best 73 to all.