ARLA/CLUSTER: 60 meter update 2-19-11

AZORES DX GROUP (CU3DX) cu3dx sapo.pt
Terça-Feira, 19 de Abril de 2011 - 14:40:05 WEST

60 meter update 2-19-11

Central Kiribati: NEW COUNTRY

The T31A team should be on the way after a three day boat delay. The boat left Friday and its 4 days sailing, so they should arrive sometime on Tue. or Wed. Mike N9NS, the 60m operator on the trip, will do what he can to get this new one on the air for us.  I am not sure if they'll be on after this boat delay. Time permitting, and if antennas can be properly placed so as to not interfere with other bands or take away from significant QSO rates on other bands, they will TRY to activate 60m.  CW and SSB positioning is carefully being planned, and 60m will be squeezed in the site setups. Their sunset is 0548z and sunrise at 1736z.

Philippe LX2A reported that a 60M Beacon LX0HF is on 5.205 Mhz.  It
was installed and is transmitting in CW and giving the call LX0HF.
It is running 5W into an Inverted V at 10m. QTH is Eschdorf JN29XV (QTH of LX2A/LX7I) This is an official Beacon of the Luxembourg Amateur Radio Association R.L. and they would be interested in some reports.

Please let him know when you hear the beacon, lx2a  gmx.net

Active last week:

9A4ZZ              CU3BL             V47JA             M40C

LA3JJ             G4VLC             OZ1BCG          GW0GHF

G3WW            CT1IUA            OZ2KZN           F4CJY

New Upcoming Dxpeditions:

Central Kiribati: NEW COUNTRY April 13 to 22.

Antigua: Tom W9AEB reports:  V25TP. June 14 to 28.

60 meter websites:

www.60meters.net

                                                http://60mband.blogspot.com/

       http://dxworld.com/60mlog.html

If you have any 60m news to share or are going on a DXpedition and plan a 60m operation, please let me know at W8GEX  aol.com.

If you know anyone who wants to be added to this email list, or if you want your name deleted, just let me know.

Thanks, Joe W8GEX