ARLA/CLUSTER: Os Astronautas escutam em 145,800 MHz.

Terça-Feira, 7 de Setembro de 2010 - 15:54:23 WEST

[http://lh6.ggpht.com/_-_ie5ox4M-I/SXnxDZKDnBI/AAAAAAAABFs/R0nWFVQ_7NA/%5BUNSET%5D.jpg?imgmax=800]
Astronauts heard on 145.800 MHz

It's always worth keeping a check on 145.800 MHz FM for the ISS astronauts as a YouTube video shows.

The YouTube description reads:

Audio from the ISS amateur radio downlink. Much to my pleasant surprise some of the astronauts were on the air talking to stations in Spain and the UK. This was the first time I heard NA1SS operating as opposed to being in repeater mode. I thought it was a bit quiet when I saw her come into view!

Audio recorded using my Yaesu FT-857D & comet GP-6 antenna. In real time the audio would have been about 10+ minutes long so its edited to save your ears from the white noise.

Watch - International Space Station amateur radio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eQPU2ctCKY

The Radio Amateurs on the Space Station call CQ on 145.800 MHz FM. If you hear them calling CQ and you are in the British Isles/IARU Region 1 you should go back to them on 145.200 MHz. This means simply switching in your -600 kHz repeater shift. The ISS uses wide (5 kHz) deviation FM so if your radio has switchable FM filters try the wider setting.

Pass predictions and status information are available on the ISS Fan Club website
http://www.issfanclub.com/

Getting started on Amateur Radio Satellites PDF
http://www.uk.amsat.org/content/view/408/168/

AMSAT-UK publish a colour A4 newsletter, OSCAR News, that is full of Amateur Satellite information.
Join online at https://secure.amsat.org.uk/subs_form/