ARLA/CLUSTER: Aprender CW directamente na Rádio

Sexta-Feira, 22 de Outubro de 2010 - 13:46:03 WEST

Infelizmente, programas idênticos em Portugal, tiveram de ser interrompidos pelos seus organizadores devidos a várias contingências...( para não lhes chamar outras coisas ).

João Costa, CT1FBF

Colchester CW programme

The Colchester Radio Amateurs (CRA) CW programme is proving to be a great success.

Jonathan G0DVJ of the Essex CW Amateur Radio Club writes:

The CW practice programme introduced by the Colchester Radio Amateurs at the end of July continues to be popular and attendances at the face to face sessions are consistently between 9 and 12 people, which is great.

Given this participation level, following the initial three month trial, the committee has decided that the programme should be continued.

Attendees continue to make progress with their level of competence, especially those who make the time to do additional practice themselves in between sessions. Ten of the regular participants have also now joined the CRA user group at www.lcwo.net<http://www.lcwo.net/> as an additional practice method, which is great since it allows progress to be tracked and compared.

The on-air sessions on 2m at 9.30pm local time on Sundays (FM, 145.450MHz) and Mondays (SSB, 144.160MHz) are also now well established. Another ex-county examiner for the Morse code tests, Andy G0IBN, now secretary of the Essex CW ARC, has also said he would like to visit one of the up-coming face to face CRA sessions to see how we run them but I expect we will persuade him to do some sending for the people gathered too!

Andy also sends slow morse code practice transmis-sions as a part of the national RSGB GB2CW scheme, each Wednesday evening on 3555KHz ±QRM at 20.15 local time. There is also an opportunity to call in to Andy at the end of the broadcast in CW, for those who wish to practise sending in a short QSO too. I would recommend that CRA CW programme participants also consider listening to Andy's transmissions for additional practice opportunities.

The next face to face CW session at the Drama studio, St. Helena school will be on 28th October and I hope to see as many as possible there. It is also not too late for any new-comers to begin attending, so don't be shy!

Essex CW Amateur Radio Club
Encouraging CW use on the Amateur Bands
http://www.essexcw.org.uk/

Colchester Radio Amateurs