ARLA/CLUSTER: Radiotelescópio de Arecibo hoje entre 21:00 e 23:30 UTC EME 432 MHz.

Segunda-Feira, 22 de Março de 2010 - 19:58:31 WET

Pessoal,

Na próxima segunda(hoje 22 de Março) haverá mais transmissões experimentais de KP4AO pelo
Rádio Observatório de Arecibo, Porto Rico.

Possiveis horários no link skeds: http://www.archangelo.net/misc/eme/arecibo/view.htm

As últimas informações de K1JT pela Moon-net:

======
Hi all,

Angel, WP3R, has asked me to forward the information that on Monday,
March 22, the Arecibo Observatory Amateur Radio Club will again be
looking for EME contacts on 432.045 MHz. The callsign is KP4AO, the
locator is FK68oi, and the Monday window is between about 2100 and 2330
UTC. They will again be using both CW and SSB.

Good luck to all!

-- 73, Joe, K1JT

PS: Several have asked me whether there would be any JT65 operation. As
far as I know, the answer is NO -- at least for this session.

Please remember, JT65 is a Weak Signal mode. The Arecibo signal is not
weak! ... for any normally EME-capable station, in the limited time
window they can work many more stations using CW or SSB than could be
worked with the much slower JT65 mode. Possibly by the time of the
planned April session there will be provision for some JT65 contacts.
--

For those who were asking about the setup at Arecibo, I now have more
complete information. It turns out that they *did* get their 3CX800 amp

Here's the scoop:

Antenna: Tx and Rx with the same circular polarization (I don't know
which sense). The expectation is that ground stations will use linear
polarization, and thus Faraday will not be a problem.

Rx: GaAsFET preamp into a TS-2000.

Tx: A second TS-2000 driving a 3CX800, 500 W measured output.

T/R switchover was done with a hand-operated mechanical switch -- one
reason why their T/R turnaround time sometimes seemed slow. They expect
to have a T/R relay in place for the session on Monday.

Once again: KP4AO expects to be QRV on 432.045 from about 2100 to 2330
UTC on Monday.

-- 73, Joe, K1JT
======

Flávio PY2ZX